Head: dr n. farm. Bożena Wojciechowska Deputy Head: mgr inż. Ewa Baranowska Team: mgr Elwira Biernacka, mgr Katarzyna Bilska, mgr inż. Maria Brasse-Rumin, lek. wet. Marta Dzwonkowska, mgr Jolanta Gago, mgr Małgorzata Grajewska, mgr Iwona Horbacz, mgr Anna Kozakiewicz, mgr Monika Maćkiewicz, mgr Agnieszka Palacz, mgr Ewa Pawłowska-Wojewódka, mgr Agnieszka Potocka, mgr Jolanta Soluch-Wilga, mgr Dominika Walków, tech. Urszula Bobowska tech. Renata Książek, tech. Ewa Matusik, tech. Danuta Południkiewicz, tech. Teresa Radomska, tech. Maria Roman, tech. Ewa Słupecka, tech. Teresa Sznajder, secretariat: lic. Anna Ostrowska. The Central Clinical Laboratory is a modern medical diagnostics laboratory. The main goal of the Central Clinical Laboratory is issuing reliable results at the right time for patients treated at the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute as well as for external partners and individuals. As part of the Central Clinical Laboratory of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute following units are operating:
- The Basic Examination Center – performing a wide range of tests in the field of haematology, biochemistry, coagulology, virology, analytics, immunochemistry and immunohaematology (blood group serology). The Laboratory offers over 100 kinds of basic examination, performed on different human biological material.
- The Diagnosis Laboratory for Autoimmune Diseases – specializing in the comprehensive marking of laboratory parameters of autoimmune diseases characteristics of systemic connective tissue diseases. We perform rheumatoid factor and antibodies anti-CCP tests as well as antinuclear antibodies tests with marking their lightening name and type (pattern) by using the indirect immunofluorescence method and the quantitive and qualitative marking of the antigenic characteristics of the given antibodies by using immunoenzumatic, immunochemical, chemoluminescence and immunoblotting methods (inter alia antibodies anti: dsDNA, Ro52, Ro60, SSB, Scl-70, Jo-1, DFS70, PR3, MPO, U1-RNP, Sm, centromeric protein P, PM-Scl, domain1 beta2 GPI,GMO, RipoB). All tests are being performed in accordance with the recommendations of the American College of Rheumatology of 2009 and the latest recommendations of the international expert committee „International recommendations for the assessment of autoantibodies to cellular antigens referred to as anti-nuclear antibodies” of 2014. The Laboratory is also performing tests towards the diagnosis of ANCA-vasculitis, anti-GBM, miozitis – a profile towards dermatopolymyositis, scleroderma – a scleroderma and autoimmune profile of liver diseases – a hepatic profile of autoantibodies. For assessing the immune status of our patients we mark the level of the following: IgG, IgA and IgM immunoglobulin and IgG4 subfractions, components of the C3 and C4 complement as well as circulating immune and cryoglobulin complexes. We are marking by using following methods: capillary electrophoresis of the proteins of the blood plasma and the urine and their immunotyping. We also assess the presence of HLA-B27 antigens and the composition of the T lymphocyte subpopulation (with the possibility to assess the absolute number of lymphocytes) by using the flow cytometry method.
- The Microbiology Laboratory– performing a wide range of tests in the field of clinical microbiology used for the diagnosis of infections of the osteoarticular system, of the blood placenta and the nervous system, the eye, airways, the skin and the tissues, the urogenital system and the alimentary canal. In addition to bacteriological and mycological tests performed by using the classic microbiology method, we diagnose towards viral infections of the respiratory system and alimentary canal. Our specialization is the serological diagnosis of infectious diseases, including the diagnosis of infective factors of reactive arthritis like Campylobacter sp., Yersinia sp., Brucella sp., Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydiophila pneumoniae, Chlamydia trachomatis. Our specialists in laboratory diagnostics are experienced in diagnosing Borrelia burgdorferii sensu lato spirochaete infections. According to the latest recommendations, we perform screening processes using the ELISA method and a test to confirm positive and dubious results through the blotting method. The Microbiology Laboratory takes actively part in the hospital infections control program of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute. We perform screening processes towards multiresistant KPC, OXA, NDM, VRE, MRSA strains and many others. We also take part in monitoring the safety of the hospital environment.
We work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week providing services in the field of medical laboratory diagnostics. The knowledge, education and experience of our employees as well as the modernity of the applied analytical systems are constantly subject to following inter-laboratory control:
- At national level – subject to control carried out by the Central Quality Control in Laboratory Diagnostics Center, Haematology and Transfusion Institute and the Central Quality Control in Microbiological Diagnostics Center in Warsaw.
- At international level – subject to the quality control program carried out by Labquality and the Consensus Finding Study Group on the serology of rheumatic diseases.
Results of the quality control carried out in our laboratory are documented with certificates and guarantee high quality test results. Our laboratory employs 16 assistants, including 6 specialists in laboratory diagnostics, 1 specialist in medical laboratory transfusion, 1 specialist in public health, 1 specialist in microbiology and 8 medical analytics technicians. All our results are validated by authorized specialists in laboratory diagnostics. The continuous development of each of the techniques and the examination spectrum imposes on our team the need for continuous improving – both of knowledge and skills. Our employees participate in many courses all over Poland and abroad. We do however organize courses, lectures and trainings inter alia on the diagnosis of autoimmune diseases ourselves. Long-term scientific activities resulted in drawing up many scientific and methodological papers. The Central Clinical Laboratory is equipped in modern, systematically reviewed, high quality analyzers and examination equipment, also all analytical procedures are being validated. In 2008 the premises of the Central Clinical Laboratory has been thoroughly renovated and totally modernized. We meet the requirements set by quality standards developed by the Health Ministry concerning the equipment, technical conditions and the qualifications of our employees. Thanks to our potential we may offer you a wide range of tests performed by our laboratory and guarantee high quality results. We carry out both – basic and special tests. 95% of the test results are available on the same day the blood was collected. For further information please contact us:
- Basic Examination Center +48(22) 670 91 82
- Diagnosis Laboratory for Autoimmune Diseases +48(22) 670 92 50
- Microbiology Laboratory +48(22) 670 91 86
- Blood collection facility open: 7:30-14:30; main building – ground floor; phone: +48(22) 670 92 76
Phone: +48 (22) 670 91 82
Phone: +48 (22) 670 91 88
Phone: +48 (22) 670-91-56
E-mail address: centralne.laboratorium