National Geriatrics and Gerontology Council
Chairman of the Council: dr n. med. Piotr Bednarski, Director of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Piotr Błędowski, Director of the Socio-Economics Institute of the School of Economics in Warsaw;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Tomasz Kostka, National Geriatrics Consultant, Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences and Head of the Geriatrics Clinic of the Medical University of Łódź;
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Bolesław Samoliński, Dean of the Center for Postgraduate Education and Head of the Department of the Prevention of Environmental Threats and Allergology of the Medical University of Warsaw.
- Drzazga Beata, CEO of BETAMED S.A. Medical Center
- dr hab. n. med. Fal Andrzej M., Associate Prof., President of the Main Board of the Polish Public Health Society
- Małgorzata Michalska, Head of the Department of Senior Health Policy
- dr hab. n. med. Grodzicki Tomasz, Head of the Clinical Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital in Kraków
- dr n. med. Hamankiewicz Maciej, President of the Supreme Medical Council
- dr hab. n. med. Jędrzejczak Joanna, Associate Prof. and Director of the Center for Postgraduate Medical Education
- dr hab. n. med. Kędziora-Kornatowska Kornelia, Head of the Geriatrics Department and Clinic of the L. Rydygier Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz
- dr n. med. Kozak-Szkopek Elżbieta, Regional Geriatrics Consultant for the Masovian Region
- dr hab. n. med. Kwiatkowska Brygida, Associate Prof. and Deputy Clinical Affairs Director of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute
- dr hab. Andrzej Lewandowicz, Geriatrics Clinic and Polyclinic, National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute
- med. Pakulski Marcin, lung disease specialist
- med. Płatek Tomasz, Head of the Geriatrics Department, H. Klimontowicz Specialistic Hospital in Gorlice
- dr hab. n. med. Sudoł-Szopińska Iwona, Deputy Scientific Director, National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Targowski Tomasz, Head of the Geriatrics Clinic and Polyclinic of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute
- dr hab. n. med. Zdrojewski Tomasz, , Associate Prof. of GUM, Head of the Prevention and Didactics Department, Medical University of Gdańsk
- dr hab. n. med. Zdrojewski Zbigniew, Head of the Internal Medicine, Connective Tissue Diseases and Geriatrics Department and Clinic, Medical University of Gdańsk
The Director of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute in Warsaw appointed following entities by virtue of the Directors Order no. 38/2015 of 18th November 2015:
- the National Geriatrics and Gerontology Council
- the National Rheumatology Council
- the National Rehabilitation Council
- the Social Seniors Council
Above mentioned Councils are initiating, consultative and advisory bodies of the Director of the Eleonora Reicher National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute in the scope of its statutory activities and the development of scientific and research activities.
Tasks of the National Geriatrics and Gerontology Council:
- Initiating scientific studies and research, addressing problems related to the development of geriatrics and gerontology.
- Initiating new research related to geriatrics and gerontology.
- Expressing opinions on medical standards and recommendations related to interdisciplinary geriatric, rheumatological, rehabilitation and orthopedic procedures in elderly care.
- Initiating the implementation of new medical procedures in geriatric care.
- Expressing opinions on systemic and organizational changes within geriatric care.
- Expressing opinions on planned changes in pre- and postgraduate education of medical professionals in geriatrics and gerontology.
- Initiating changes within the structure of geriatric care.
- Popularizing social, clinical and theoretical gerontology sciences.
Initiating research in the field of gerontology within different specialized disciplines and the cooperation between those disciplines.
- Establishing and maintaining scientific contacts related to geriatrics and gerontology with other national and foreign governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Popularizing the achievements of Polish gerontology abroad.
- Initiating the participation of representatives of the Institute in congresses, conventions and scientific conferences on gerontological issues.
- Developing guidelines and coordinating the program of creating family nursing homes for the elderly.
- Initiating program guidelines on the system of geriatric care at home of the patient in addition to care services.
- Expressing opinions on reference paths of professional retraining of employees with disabilities due to age.
- Popularizing multidisciplinary aspects of geriatric and gerontological care.
- Initiating the development of the National Elderly Care Program.
- Initiating and expressing opinions on proposals for the National Health Program.