Website of the National Consultant in the field of rheumatology
Fortunately Poland is a member state of the European Union, therefore we are obliged to proceed with patients in accordance with standards applicable in the EU. The European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) regularly publishes recommendations being a consensus of expert opinions, aiming at improving the quality of caring for rheumatic patients. There are no perfect recipes included, but they help a lot during the daily practice – both doctors, who know what they want to achieve and how they want to achieve it and patients, who know what they may expect and how they may ask for it. Of course, it is assumed that not every state will be able to follow the recommendations fully, especially poorer countries won’t, nevertheless one should strive for it. I think that after reading them and referencing them to the daily practice, you will see that we have nothing to be ashamed of in Poland.
Aiming at a better access to current knowledge, I developed compact versions of all current recommendations, readable within a few minutes. The authors only precisely translated the recommendations themselves and selected comments on most controversial aspects. The full texts are available in Ann Rheum Dis by clicking on the given reference within a chapter.
First I dealt with rheumatoid arthritis – being the most common rheumatic disease, I mainly translated them myself or got help from my co-workers. We are developing compact recommendation versions for other diseases, which will be published successively. I asked my co-workers, who sometimes are the co-authors of the recommendations themselves to write them. New recommendations will be published as well, the delay should not exceed one month.
This project wouldn’t be possible without the great support of the Management of the National Geriatrics, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Institute, especially Director Piotr Bednarski, thank you for that.
Due to technical capabilities, we called the project website of the national consultant, though we hope to create a forum of the national consultant one day, which is now impossible for financial reasons. By then I will invite also patients associations to participate, hence the forum is supposed to be also a resource useful for them.
Prof. dr hab. n. med. Marek Brzosko
National Consultant in the field of rheumatology
- The diagnosis of early arthritis (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Remission criteria for rheumatoid arthritis according to ACR and EULAR (PDF 0,25 MB)
- Diagnosis criteria for rheumatoid arthritis (PDF 0,25 MB)
- International treatment recommendations for MTX (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Treatment recommendations for rheumatoid arthritis (PDF 0,3 MB)
- Treatment in systemic lupus erythematosus (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Using imaging examination in the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from inflammatory spondyloarthropathy in everyday clinical practice (PDF 0,4 MB)
- International classification criteria for polymyalgia rheumatica (PDF 0,3 MB)
- Treatment with anti-TNF-drugs in axial spondyloarthropathy (PDF 0,3 MB)
- Diagnosis criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus in 2012 (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Classification criteria for axial spondyloarthropathy (SpA) according to ASAS (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of psoriasic arthritis (PDF 0,4 MB)
- ASAS/EULAR recommendations on the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis of the spine (PDF 0,3 MB)
- Imaging methods in the clinical evaluation of rheumatoid arthritis, EULAR recommendations (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Recommendations for the treatment with medium and high doses of glucocorticoids (PDF 0,05 MB)
- Treatment of spondyloarthropathy (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Classification criteria for peripheral spondyloarthropathy (PDF 0,2 MB)
- Osteoporosis Expert Team of the National Consultant in the field of rheumatology (PDF 0,1 MB)
- National Consultant in the field of rheumatology